A snapshot of the festivities:
- Rescue runway: Watch some fashionable adoptable pets strut their stuff.
- Pet-owner-look-alike contest: Do you and your pup look like the perfect pair?
- Agility training: Enjoy some exciting demos with Happy Hounds Training Center.
- We will have raffle drawings and fundraising awards.
- Enjoy treat stations full of dog goodies, sponsored by Nature’s Variety Instinct.
- Partake in food concessions full of human goodies.
- There will be plenty of music to party down to, and so much more!
Our event sponsor, BOBS from Skechers, will be hosting fun photo opportunities and prize giveaways at its booth, including a chance to win a pair of BOBS shoes. Remember to bring a couple of gently used T-shirts with you as well so you can participate in their do-it-yourself dog rope toy building activity. Your pup will appreciate it!
Last year’s Strut Your Mutt produced a whole lot of swag and wag! Some 1,200 people and their 800 dogs strutted to raise nearly $285,000, with approximately $248,000 of it staying in Houston to help local homeless pets. Think you can make this year even bigger and better? Then get ready for Best Friends Animal Society’s third annual Strut Your Mutt in Houston.
Who: You and anyone you know with the swag to strut for homeless pets in Houston or around the nation
What: A leisurely fundraising dog walk with (or without) your dog, followed by a doggie-themed festival that includes pet contests, photos, doggie goodies, fun activities for you and your furry friend, food, refreshments and more
Where: Moody Park, 3725 Fulton Street, Houston, TX 77009
When: Saturday, October 17, 2015
Registration 9 AM; Walk 10 AM; Festival Ends 2 PM
Why: To raise money for your favorite local animal welfare group, K-9 Angels Rescue, or for Best Friends Animal Society to help Save Them All®
Interested in being an exhibitor at the Houston Strut Your Mutt? Click here to apply! Booths start at $275.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact: email@example.com.