The Houston SPCA has nine full-time, highly-trained animal cruelty investigators and responds to over 7,000 cases primarily in Harris, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties. If you believe an animal is being cruelly treated, please contact us and complete the Online Animal Cruelty Report or call 713-869-7722.
Accurate information is critical to our response. You can help us by providing the following information:
- Nearest major intersection.
- Suspect address, city, zip code and county.
- Apartment complex name or subdivision name.
- Major concern (lack of food, water, shelter, no medical attention, etc.).
- Animal species, breed, color, number of animals on the property and their location.
- Your contact information if we have any questions about the report.
What is animal cruelty? Penal Code Sec. 42.09.- 42.105.
To report animal cruelty, complete the Online Animal Cruelty Report or call 713-869-7722.
If the county or state you’re contacting us about is outside our jurisdiction, please contact the animal control organization, animal shelter or local law enforcement agency for that area. We cannot respond outside our jurisdiction unless requested by law enforcement.